Tuesday 20 January 2009

Reasons to Review

I (Lizzy Maden) have been asked by my good friends at GPP international if I would consider writing some book reviews for them. After some serious thought I decided that it sounded perfect. I suggested that rather than only writing an objective, distanced review that people are unable to engage with, I should write a blog, “my journey through reading”. I will be posting straightforward reviews on Amazon of the books but if you want to know more about my experience of reading the book then this is the place to be.
I plan to examine how my experience of this book has moved my knowledge of the subject forward and whether this in turn has created new and inspiring or just plain awkward questions?
How has the book fed into my life?
Am I different for having experienced the text?
Have I understood the aim and goals of the text and feel satisfied that the structure has upheld the content?
Who do I feel would get the most out of the book?
Why have I read it? This is not just because I have been asked to, as reading is a very personal thing, there are some books that I am simply unable to connect with and therefore cannot read, I suspect this may happen during my reviews but if it does, I will explain why, if it happens.
I know some of these questions sound a little subjective but I simply mean that I want to feel that the books I read make a difference and enhance my life, even a joke book can provide a change, enrich life and alter perceptions to a certain degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment